Sunday 16 January 2011

Soup ideas

I love soup - but tend not to follow recipes - not always a good idea.  So thought I'd jot down a few good ones here and add to them as I come across them. The key to good soup is superb stock. Not always possible, but I need to remind myself of that and use stock I have stored in the freezer.


Ham and Corn Chowder (from Karen Ehman's blog). Basically, boil 1/2 a cup each of chopped onion and celery with 2 cups chopped potatoes in 2 cups chicken stock. When soft, add 1 tbspn butter, 1 cup finely chopped ham, 1 cup sweetcorn, 1 can cream of chicken soup (or just 1/2 cup stock and 1/2 cup creamy milk or cream, I guess) and 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese.  Just before serving, add 4 floz sour cream or creamy milk, thin if necessary.

Lentil and Tomato soup: onion, lentils, tomatoes, tomato puree and GOOD STOCK

Butternut Squash



No comments:

Post a Comment